The Ulutas Medical Journal (UMJ) is a 3 monthly (quarterly), open access, double-blind peer-reviewed, an international journal. Writing a research paper is a skill and the Ulutas Medical Journal have the team of scientists and academicians who are dedicated to helping learn and improve that skill by providing a guide for writing high-quality research papers through peer review.
To facilitate this, authors need to ensure that their manuscripts are prepared in a way that does not give away their identity. To help with this preparation please ensure the following when submitting: Please submit the Title Page containing the Authors details and -Blinded Manuscript- with no author details as 2 separate files. This should include the title, authors' names and affiliations, and a complete address for the corresponding author including telephone and e-mail address.
Besides the obvious need to remove names and affiliations under the title within the manuscript, there are other steps that need to be taken to ensure the manuscript is correctly prepared for double-blind peer review. To assist with this process the key items that need to be observed are as follows:
- Use the third person to refer to work the Authors have previously undertaken, e.g. replace any phrases like “as we have shown before” with “… has been shown before [Anonymous, 2007]” .
- Make sure figures do not contain any affiliation related identifier
- Do not eliminate essential self-references or other references but limit self-references only to papers that are relevant for those reviewing the submitted paper.
- Cite papers published by the Author in the text as follows: ‘[Anonymous, 2007]’.
- For blinding in the reference list: ‘[Anonymous 2007] Details omitted for double-blind reviewing.’
- Remove references to funding sources
- Do not include acknowledgments
- Name your files with care and ensure document properties are also anonymized.
Where an author is prevented from being the copyright holder, minor variations may be required. In such cases, the copyright line and license statement in individual articles will be adjusted. Authors requiring a variation of this type should inform ULUTAS MED J during or immediately after submission of their article. Changes to the copyright line cannot be made after publication of an article.
- Copyright on an open-access article in a journal published by UMJ is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant UMJ a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.
- In accordance with our policy, the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver applies to all published data in UMJ open access articles.
Exceptions to copyright policy
We provide details concerning copyright and licensing for articles which were previously published under policies that are different from the above. For instance, occasionally UMJ may co-publish articles jointly with other publishers, and different licensing conditions may then apply. In all such cases, however, access to these articles is free from fees or any other access restrictions.
Before submitting a manuscript, please ensure you carefully read and adhere to all the guidelines and instructions given on the Manuscript Submission.